Fri 15 May 2020
Wakefield Council would like to gather information on the current health and wellbeing of young people in our area. To facilitate this, a survey has been designed to gain an insight into children’s and young people's experiences of the current epidemic and how this has affected their health and wellbeing, whether they have been at home or have attended school.
Key Facts About the Survey:
· Its targeted at Year 5 and above.
· It is 100% anonymous, no information is collected that could identify someone.
· It has been created and is distributed by the Public Health and Health Improvement Teams of Wakefield Council.
· Children and Young People have until 31st May 2020 to complete it.
· It can be completed on any internet connected device such as a laptop, phone or tablet.
· It should only take 5 to 10 minutes to complete.
· The survey data will be analysed and a report produced that will be made available to all schools, Council departments and health colleagues.
· The survey link is as follows: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/School_Lockdown_Survey
· The survey is for children and young people that have attended school and those that have stayed at home during the lockdown.
· The survey also contains details of the recently produced website https://wf-i-can.co.uk/ which is a child and young person centred website detailing all the local support to help with health and wellbeing needs.
Collecting this information will enable Wakefield Council to target support going forward. The information will be extremely valuable to all schools as we try to reintroduce children and young people back into formal education and support their health and wellbeing whilst doing so.
Can we also take this opportunity to let you know about a website designed as an online resource to support children and young people in Wakefield - WF-I Can. You can access the website here.