Tue 30 Jun 2020
We have two uniform suppliers. We have CWS Schoolwear, a web based supplier who is able to supply your uniform needs via their website on this link. We also have Better and Bright who are located in the Castleford Market Hall. Both suppliers have sufficient stocks to be able to meet your uniform needs for the next academic year.
In order to ease the pressure on the market stall given the current social distancing rules, Better and Bright have offered to be on the academy site for three afternoons for you to purchase uniform but you must make an appointment with the academy beforehand.
Please see the letter below for full details.
29th June 2020
Dear parents and carers,
We hope you are well as we move into the final part of the summer term in these very different times. As we are now towards the end of the year and making plans, as much as we can, for September, we wanted to let you know about an event taking place at the academy which may support you in purchasing uniform for when we return.
As you know, we have two uniform suppliers. We have CWS Schoolwear, a web based supplier who is able to supply your uniform needs via their website. We also have Better and Bright who are located in the Castleford Market Hall. Both suppliers have sufficient stocks to be able to meet your uniform needs for the next academic year.
In order to ease the pressure on the market stall given the current social distancing rules, Better and Bright have offered to be on the academy site on the afternoons of 6th, 7th and 8th July from 12noon until 4.30pm each day. It is hoped that this will ease queues in the marketplace making it easier for you to make purchases safely.
If you would like to make use of this opportunity, you must book an appointment via the school office in advance; this is to help with our own social distancing rules. If you do not have an appointment then we will not be able to allow you on site. Please call the academy office on 01977 664555 to make an appointment. It is important that you accept the following in order for this event to run safely:
· Appointments must be made.
· Entrance to the site will be via the main student gate.
· Only one parent per group, and only the students actually requiring uniform should attend. Large family groups with non-Airedale Academy students may be turned away.
· The uniform stall will be in the academy car park (weather permitting) and so there will be no on-site parking; please walk to the academy.
· Please do not bring bikes and scooters.
· You may be asked to queue as only one customer can be served at a time. You will be asked to queue at the designated markings on the path, maintaining a distance from other visitors.
· Anyone not maintaining social distancing in the queue will be asked to leave.
· Families will be asked to use hand sanitiser at the uniform stall.
· Only blazers may be tried on for size, no other clothing may be tried on. Better and Bright do have a returns and exchange policy though to help you if clothes do not fit in September.
· Purchases will be by contactless card payment.
It is very important that anyone in your household has symptoms of Covid-19 within 14 days of the event that your family does not attend this event, even if you have an appointment booked. You will still be able to visit the market stall or the CWS website at another time. This is important for the safety of our staff and our visitors.
In order to serve as many customers as they can and to limit queuing time, Better and Bright ask that you have an idea of what you will need before visiting them. Please refer to our Uniform Policy before making purchases. This can be found on our website or by following this link
If you have any questions regarding uniform, please telephone the academy office between the hours of 8.00am and 3.30pm, Monday to Friday.
Miss L Proctor