Mon 05 Mar 2018
A dedicated group of Y11 students are planning to complete the Three Peaks Challenge, while raising money to donate to Cancer Research. Everyone in the group is undertaking the challenge in memory of loved ones who have been affected by cancer...
- Steven is walking in memory of his grandad.
- Owen is walking in memory of his uncle and grandad.
- Jack is walking in memory of his great uncle and great auntie.
- Travis is walking in memory of his grandma.
- Chris is walking in memory of his grandma.
- Adam is walking for his cousin.
- Faye is walking in memory of her grandad and dog.
- Beth is walking in memory of her grandma.
- Niamh is walking in memory of her grandma.
- Mack and Ellie are walking in memory of all those affected.
- Mr Miller is walking in memory of his grandma.
The challenge is to walk the Three Peaks of Pen-y-ghent, Whernside and Ingleborough, which is a 24-mile trek. The walk is going to take place on Saturday 28 April 2018. The students are aiming to complete all three peaks - ideally in under 12 hours. As preparation for the challenge, the group are going to Pendle Hill on 17 March to do hill training with a trained guide. It's going to be gruelling and tough, but nowhere near as tough as losing a loved one.
The students have set themselves an ambitious target and hope to raise £2,000. Anyone who would like to donate to this great cause can visit the group's Just Giving page here